My current project is moving off CentOS 7 to RHEL 8. I am doing this partly due to the deprecation of CentOS 8 into Stream but also I want to redo everything properly, using all the things I have learned since first standing up my environment and learning about Ansible, Docker, etc.
I wont expand on things too much here, but plan to make subsequent posts for the major steps and things that I learn along the way.
📝 I am using RHEL Developer licensing that I setup in my RHEL Developer post
- Move to RHEL 8 from CentOS 7
- Utilize Kickstart for initial installs
- Ansible improvements
- Run ansible as its own user
- Utilize Ansible for all configurations
- Leave SELinux on and learn it
- Move docker into volumes and other best practices